1/1 Photo of Old World Pancake
This recipe came from an old cookbook that my sister found at a garage sale in Sudbury, that's Northern Ontario, Canada. It is fast and easy and different. We love it with lots of warm Canadian maple syrup! I love that there is no flipping or pan watching involved in this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn oven on to 425'.
- 2Put butter in large (10 inch) ovenproof fry pan (I use a 4 litre sauté pan) and put the pan in the preheating oven.
- 3In medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- 4Sprinkle in the sugar, nutmeg and flour. This means, just dump in the dry stuff.
- 5Whisk it all together until it is smooth.
- 6Remove hot pan from the oven, swirl the butter around and then dump in all the batter.
- 7No need to spread it or mess about, just pop it back into the hot oven uncovered, close the door and sit back with a cuppa and wait.
- 8Set that timer for 16-18 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and slice into wedges, in my house that means half for me and half for my husband!
- 10This is great served with warm maple syrup, from annieCANada of course.
- 11Now enjoy. If you are having a big breakfast and you actually have leftovers, rest assured that this pancake tastes great at room temperature, cold or reheated.
- 12Gotta love that!
- 13B'Shalom everyone, Anne.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old World Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 288.8 mg
- Sodium 241.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g