Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taken from Grandma's Kitchen, posted for safekeeping.
- 12 large manicotti
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 (26 ounce) jarprepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
- For filling, in medium bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzarella with the ricotta and fresh basil.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
- Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish.
- Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of pasta.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake manicotti for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan; bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.