Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious, extra cheesy manicotti recipe that came in the mail.
Make and share this Old-World Manicotti recipe from Food.com.
- 12 large manicotti
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 (26 ounce) jarprepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
- For filling, in a large bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzarella with the ricotta and basil (if using -- I left it out).
- Using a small spoon (or your fingers, as I found to be easier), carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
- Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake manicotti, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan; bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.