Recipe by Britton S
This is my great-grandmother's recipe, and it wields a lot of lasagna for a big family or for leftovers.
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs 80% lean ground beef (chuck)
- 1 lb tomato sauce (better when homemade)
- 1 (30 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese, grated
- pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- fresh garlic
- italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook the meat until brown, crushing it as you turn it over. Drain.
- While the meat is cooking, get a large pot and fill with water.
- Cook lasagna noodles 4 at a time for 10 minutes. After 10 min, remove each noodle and place on wax paper, making layers of 4 each.
- Put meat in large bowl, add half of tomato sauce. Crush garlic in a press, and add it to mixture. Add Italian seasoning.
- Beat the egg in another large bowl, then add the entire container of ricotta. Add about 2 handfuls of Parmesan cheese, or until the mixture has texture. Stir well.
- In a lasagna pan, put a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom. Add 4 lasagna noodles on top of that. Put another layer of sauce on top of them.
- Add a layer meat/tomato sauce mixture on top of the noodles.
- Add a layer of cheese/egg mixture on top of the meat.
- Add 4 more lasagna noodles on top, following with a layer of sauce.
- Repeat steps 7-9 until you have 3 layers of noodles.
- Add a layer of sauce on the top layer of noodles. Sprinkle mozzarella to cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 min., covered.
- If you would like to bake the next day, cover and put in refrigerator. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake an additional 10-15 minutes.