Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups honey
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 ounces slivered almonds, for topping
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until they turn light, approximately five minutes. Then beat in the oil, honey, and coffee. Sift the dry ingredients, and stir them to the egg mixture, along with the almonds and raisins.
- Oil 2 9-inch loaf pans. Line the bottom with waxed paper, then oil again.
- Fill each pan until approximately 1" from the top. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes, or until the cakes test done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans. Coat with glaze and sprinkle with slivered almonds.