Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe that resembles cookies made decades ago from my family heritage.
Make and share this Old World German Honey Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt lard, sugar and honey together. Set aside to cool.
- Whip eggs thoroughly. Slowly add ginger and vanilla.
- Mix in cooled honey mix slowly to temper the eggs.
- Slowly add in baking soda and flour mixing thoroughly.
- Place by spoonfuls on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.