Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe that resembles cookies made decades ago from my family heritage.
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups lard
- 1 cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt lard, sugar and honey together. Set aside to cool.
- Whip eggs thoroughly. Slowly add ginger and vanilla.
- Mix in cooled honey mix slowly to temper the eggs.
- Slowly add in baking soda and flour mixing thoroughly.
- Place by spoonfuls on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.