1/1 Photo of Old World German Honey Cookies
M A Lewis's Note:
A recipe that resembles cookies made decades ago from my family heritage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In large saucepan over medium heat, melt lard, sugar and honey together. Set aside to cool.
- 3Whip eggs thoroughly. Slowly add ginger and vanilla.
- 4Mix in cooled honey mix slowly to temper the eggs.
- 5Slowly add in baking soda and flour mixing thoroughly.
- 6Place by spoonfuls on cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old World German Honey Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1574.8
- Calories from Fat 609
- Total Fat 67.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 153.8 mg
- Sodium 356.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 228.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 133.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g