1/1 Photo of Old World Corn Beef and Vegetables (Slow Cooker)
8 hrs 15 mins
Marsha D.'s Note:
Found this recipe from Betty Crocker. This was tested to use in slow cookers that have the heating element in the sides and bottom of the cooker. If using a base heating cooker fellow the manufactures directions for layering ingredients and temperatures.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, Add potatoes, carrots and onions.
- 2Rinse and discard seasoning packet beef brisket.
- 3Place brisket on vegetables and sprinkle black pepper over beef.
- 4Place cabbage wedges over beef brisket. (if using)
- 5Mix 1/2 cup of water with Worcestershire sauce and pour over beef.
- 6Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 9 hours or until beef and veggies are tender.
- 7Remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker and place on a serving platter or bowl.
- 8Pour juices from slow cooker into a 1 quart sauce pan, heat to a boil.
- 9Mix cornstarch with 2Tbs. of cold water in a small bowl until smooth.
- 10Stir into the sauce pan with juices.
- 11Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- 12Pour over the beef brisket and vegetables and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old World Corn Beef and Vegetables (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.8
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pearl onions