Recipe by Marsha D.
Found this recipe from Betty Crocker. This was tested to use in slow cookers that have the heating element in the sides and bottom of the cooker. If using a base heating cooker fellow the manufactures directions for layering ingredients and temperatures.
Top Review by looneytunesfan
I made this for St Paddy's day dinner. It was on the greasy side but corned beef is normally greasy. I prepared it exactly using the cabbage but left out the onions (personal preference). The 3 people in the family that ate it said it was good.
- 8 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 small head of cabbage, cut into 8 wedges (optional)
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs beef brisket
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, Add potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Rinse and discard seasoning packet beef brisket.
- Place brisket on vegetables and sprinkle black pepper over beef.
- Place cabbage wedges over beef brisket. (if using)
- Mix 1/2 cup of water with Worcestershire sauce and pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 9 hours or until beef and veggies are tender.
- Remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker and place on a serving platter or bowl.
- Pour juices from slow cooker into a 1 quart sauce pan, heat to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with 2Tbs. of cold water in a small bowl until smooth.
- Stir into the sauce pan with juices.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- Pour over the beef brisket and vegetables and serve.