Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
So many Cacciatore recipes have tomatoes and that's not the way I'm used to having it. This is more like the dish I remember from my childhood.
- Rub the chicken pieces with the lemon halves and then sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken rest while you mix the red wine vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper together in a big bowl.
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a big skillet and add the chicken pieces. Fry the pieces slowly (for about half an hour) and turn them regularly until they are golden brown.
- Pour the vinegar mix over the chicken and bring to a boil. Stir and scrape the pan to loosen all the chunks on the bottom.
- Allow the liquid to reduce by half.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve.