Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So many Cacciatore recipes have tomatoes and that's not the way I'm used to having it. This is more like the dish I remember from my childhood.
- Rub the chicken pieces with the lemon halves and then sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken rest while you mix the red wine vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper together in a big bowl.
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a big skillet and add the chicken pieces. Fry the pieces slowly (for about half an hour) and turn them regularly until they are golden brown.
- Pour the vinegar mix over the chicken and bring to a boil. Stir and scrape the pan to loosen all the chunks on the bottom.
- Allow the liquid to reduce by half.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve.