So many Cacciatore recipes have tomatoes and that's not the way I'm used to having it. This is more like the dish I remember from my childhood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the chicken pieces with the lemon halves and then sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- 2Let the chicken rest while you mix the red wine vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper together in a big bowl.
- 3Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a big skillet and add the chicken pieces. Fry the pieces slowly (for about half an hour) and turn them regularly until they are golden brown.
- 4Pour the vinegar mix over the chicken and bring to a boil. Stir and scrape the pan to loosen all the chunks on the bottom.
- 5Allow the liquid to reduce by half.
- 6Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old World Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.8
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 810.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 57.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: