- 6 pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 6 slices
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chops well on both sides in oil in a skillet; remove.
- Brown onion slices on both sides in same pan; remove.
- Stir in chili powder and cook 2 minutes; add rice tomato sauce, water and salt; heat to boiling.
- Pour into a shallow 8-cup baking dish; arrange browned pork chops over rice and place an onion slice on each chop; cover dish.
- Bake at 375F for 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed.