Recipe by MrsNestleroad
Tastes just like you bought it from an old country store!
Top Review by Marsha D.
I must of done something wrong. This didn't harden for me. I fellowed the steps as stated. It did have a nice taste though, I will rate it a 4 for flavor, rest was just to runny and sticky when cooled. Sorry
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw shelled peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Cook mixture to 250 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Add salt and peanuts.
- Cook to 295 degrees F, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, soda, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Our onto greased marble slab or stoneware platter and spread evenly.
- Let cool and harden.
- Break into pieces.