Recipe by Helen1
I cut this out of the Vancouver Sun newspaper some time in the 80's. It is one of the nicest carrots cakes I've tried, and it really doesn't need icing.
Top Review by Tulip-Fairy
I made this for the 'O' is October event. It was lovely, I followed the recipe exactly and it had a great flavour. Loved the crunch that the pecans gave it. Thanks for sharing Helen.
- 591.47 ml white sugar
- 354.88 ml cooking oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml instant tea powder
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml carrots, grated
- 236.59 ml pecans, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml sifted icing sugar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare 10" tube or bundt pan by greasing well.
- In large bowl blend sugar and oil, beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add flour, tea powder, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Beat well, then fold in carrots and pecans.
- Spoon into pan and bake 70 minutes.
- Remove from oven when done and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes, them remove from pan.
- For glaze: Mix together icing sugar and lemon juice then drizzle over cake when cooled.
- Option: Dust lightly with icing sugar instead of glaze.