Cook1 hr 30 mins
I cut this out of the Vancouver Sun newspaper some time in the 80's. It is one of the nicest carrots cakes I've tried, and it really doesn't need icing.
- 2 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooking oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup instant tea powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare 10" tube or bundt pan by greasing well.
- In large bowl blend sugar and oil, beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add flour, tea powder, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Beat well, then fold in carrots and pecans.
- Spoon into pan and bake 70 minutes.
- Remove from oven when done and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes, them remove from pan.
- For glaze: Mix together icing sugar and lemon juice then drizzle over cake when cooled.
- Option: Dust lightly with icing sugar instead of glaze.