Recipe by LizzieBug
This is my Mom's famous Chess Pie. It was always one of the first to sell out at the Church bake sales. Rich and creamy and easy as can be. A dieter's nightmare - but quite the tasty treat.
Top Review by bputgego
Very good. Probably the best chess pie I've made. Of course, it's sweet but I think the mix of brown and white makes it just the right sweetness. I cooked the recommended time and then turned off the oven, opened the door and let the pie sit for about 10 minutes in the oven and it helped it to set perfectly. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and corn meal.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in whipping cream, cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake on middle rack at 400 F for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325 F and continue baking for 45 minutes more.