This is an old recipe that my great grandmother used to make. It is very similar to a cobbler but without any fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place stick of margarine in a 9X13 casserole dish (I prefer metal over glass for this recipe).
- 3Mix together all of the ingredients for the batter and pour over the melted margarine. DO NOT MIX!
- 4In a different bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce and then pour it over the batter. Again, DO NOT MIX.
- 5Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Timey Butter Roll Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 344.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 75.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g