Recipe by looneytunesfan
When comfort food calls, assemble this easy casserole with foods from your pantry and freezer.
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
This was a very quick, easy cassrole to make and that in its self warrsnts five stars. The only reason for not doing so was that this really needed help in the seasoning department, for me, that is. I test tasted before putting into oven and then added one tbls of my own seasoning mixture which has many varied things in it. The next time I also will put a hot chili in the milk to sit for a while in order to get more wallop. I must say that if the main people eating this are kids, then made the way directed will be perfect. Thanks Looney, this IS real comfort food!
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (8 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green giant frozen sweet peas (from 1-lb bag)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed on package, adding peas during last minute of cooking time; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F In ungreased 2-quart casserole, mix soup, milk, dried onion and seasoned salt.
- Stir cooked noodles and tuna into soup mixture. Cover; bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover; stir mixture well. Sprinkle with French-fried onions. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown.