Top Review by Susan Waddle
My children made this for the county fair. It took 1st place! These are very good. Ours didn't set up as much as I would have liked, however I have a elec. stove and I think they did not cook down enough. Lot's of fun and Very Good to eat. Thanks!
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice pears.
- Put in large pot and cover with sugar.
- Let set overnight.
- The next day, add lemon juice and bring to a rapid boil.
- Turn heat to low and let slow cook 5 to 6 hours, till it turns light brown.
- Bring back to a boil and quickly ladle into jars and seal.
- For a no-fail seal, invert jars for 5 minutes.