Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Peel and dice pears.
- Put in large pot and cover with sugar.
- Let set overnight.
- The next day, add lemon juice and bring to a rapid boil.
- Turn heat to low and let slow cook 5 to 6 hours, till it turns light brown.
- Bring back to a boil and quickly ladle into jars and seal.
- For a no-fail seal, invert jars for 5 minutes.
My children made this for the county fair. It took 1st place! These are very good. Ours didn't set up as much as I would have liked, however I have a elec. stove and I think they did not cook down enough. Lot's of fun and Very Good to eat. Thanks!
turned out very good, freinds said the best pear preserves they ever ate
My preserves did not firm up as much as i thought they should. They turned out more like pears in heavy syrup.