Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is made for Healthier tag. The original recipe comes from WiGal's Old Time Hot Dish.
Make and share this Old Time Hot Dish (Made Healthier) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 -8 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces creamed corn
- 4 ounces frozen corn
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat in an ovenproof skillet. Drain fat; rinse meat, if desired.
- To the skillet (with the meat), add onion, celery and garlic; saute, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, 5 minutes or so.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, except for cracker crumbs; cover with crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
This was a good casserole - I had as a side dish for St. Patrick's Day dinner (there were those amongst us who didn't like corned beef and cabbage). I made as directed. A quick, easy casserole with common pantry ingredients. Made for 1-2-3 Hits! Tag Game.
Made for PAC Spring 08 Lovely home-cookin' flavour! I used ground chicken and fresh mushrooms..I forgot the garlic.....definitely next time!