Here is an easy, homey, and inexpensive casserole that I have made many times. I like to use the small ring macaroni for this. This recipe originally came from a county homemakers' cook book.
- 8 ounces small macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, reduced sodium
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute meat.
- Add onion and celery; saute until soft.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Cover with buttered cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.