Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here is an easy, homey, and inexpensive casserole that I have made many times. I like to use the small ring macaroni for this. This recipe originally came from a county homemakers' cook book.
- 8 ounces small macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, reduced sodium
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute meat.
- Add onion and celery; saute until soft.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Cover with buttered cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I liked this, but I just love casseroles. I added more salt and some shredded cheese. I also used fresh mushrooms. I love this type of food, and love it even more as leftovers. I've never had this type of dish with no tomatoes....I will add some diced tomatoes next time. But my son hates tomatoes, so I thought he might like this. But he didn't like it....he didn't like the mushrooms and celery! We have opposing palates. I am basing my rating on my tastes, with the changes I made. Made for Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks for posting!