Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Hometown Favorites.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 bunch green seedless grape, halved
- 1 bunch red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a saucepan; add the eggs, sugar, and butter; stir to combine.
- Stir in lemon juice; heat until thickened, stirring constantly; refrigerate until cool.
- In a large serving bowl, add fruits, pecans, and marshmallows; pour dressing over the top.
- Toss gently to coat well.
I was delighted to see this recipe - I used to buy a canned Del Monte version but they no longer stock it. So I've just made it using the microwave oven. An unusual but delicious fruit salad. Ta, Nurse Di!