Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
For all you fudge lovers out there here's another: This recipe appeared on Paula Deen's show in 2003
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, plus extra for pan
- 1 cup chopped nuts, she used pecans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart glass dish.
- Mix sugar and cocoa; add syrup and milk.
- Cook in saucepan over medium heat until soft ball forms 234 to 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter, nuts and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer or by hand.
- Pour into prepared dish and cut into squares.
- Work fast because mixture thickens quickly.
I have never made fudge this way but I was very happy with the end result. Also used pecans and sprayed the dish with non stick cooking spray. I did cook the mixture until it reached 240 degrees on the candy thermometer. Great flavor and it is nice to now have two favorite fudge recipes. Thank you Nana Lee for posting Paula Deen's recipe. Made and reviewed for the December Secret Ingredient game.
This is my favorite fudge recipe. The best real fudge recipe ever.
i love it