Recipe by Bridget Elaine
This is my family's go to recipe when the weather gets a little chilly and we are in the mood for some comforting stew.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 3 potatoes (cubed)
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) bag white pearl onions
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon house seasoning (Search for Paula Deen's House Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1/3 c cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer Meat in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Cover meat with 1/4 C cornstarch.
- Add Veggies (except the peas).
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over meat and veggies.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.
- Add peas and cook for another 1/2 hour.
- If needed ( and almost always is) add 1 tablespoons Beef soup base.