Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was one of my Mom's favorties. She got this from my great grandmother. This must be at least 80 or 90 years old! There are never any leftovers when this is served! Add vanilla ice cream and you are in heaven! (I just made this again and added 1/2 cup "crasins". * dried cranberries/sweetened with sugar *. This also tasted good.
- 4 cups apples (baking appled sliced or we like granny smith)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- Heat oven 375. Grease 8 x 8 baking dish. Arrange apples in a Pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients with fork & sprinkle over apples.
- Bake until apples are tender and topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Serves 6.
This is by far our favorite apple crisp.
Sorry, but I just found this ok. It wasn't juicy enough for us....kinda of top heavy and the apples were dry...and I did follow the recipe. But thanks for sharing it...we did finish it without a problem!
This is a delicious desert that's just right for a cold winter's day. :) Thanks for sharing Starfire! You're Great-grandmother's recipe is a favorite at our house. :)