Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Country Kitchen magazine, UK. This is a 'teatime treat', which in England, means that you'd have it in the late afternoon, with a cup of tea. You could also have it for a light lunch or supper. This is best eaten as soon as it's made.
- 1⁄2 lb potato
- 4 ounces flour
- 2 ounces grated cheese (white cheddar would be my choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook and mash potatoes and transfer to a medium bowl. Add flour, cheese, egg, butter, and salt and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a floured board. Roll mixture into balls and squash flat. Transfer to a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
I was sure i had reviewed these months ago, but it looks like i didn't, or it got lost in cyber zaar land. These are bar none, the absolute best potato cakes ever. I think about them at least once a week and have made them many times. AND low fat, AND delicious AND easy. Its true comfort food.