Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another old time favorite. I don't measure so these are approximate. Adjust to taste. The only things I measure are the cheese and breadcrumbs. Try with my marinara sauce.
- 2 lbs ground meat (mixture of 1/2 beef and 1/2 pork)
- 2 eggs
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except cheese and breadcrumbs (this is best done with clean hands!).
- Once mixed, add cheese and breadcrumbs, mix until even.
- Coat a roasting pan or high sided pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Roll meat mixture into balls about the size of a golfball and line oiled pan with them.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until done.
I made these with all beef no pork. They were very simple & easy to make. I love the idea of baking them in the oven. Made for PAC Fall 09
Oh, my, how do I even describe how good these were?? I hadn't even put them in the oven, and they were filling my kitchen with their savory smell. My kids were going crazy waiting for dinner! I served them with your scrumptious marinara sauce and they were fabulous! These were easy and wonderful, thanks so much!