Recipe by Annacia
It's so nice to feel that your indulging when your really behaving yourself quite nicely! These are low fat and, if you swap the small amount of sugar for Splenda, they are sugar free. I do recommend using butter instead of a substitute. It doesn't ask for much and the result is worth it.
Top Review by Boomette
That's great that they have less fat than some other scones. The texture is a bit too dry. But they were great soaked in coffee. They're good with the raisins. Thanks Annacia :) Made for Zaar Star Game
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 7⁄8 cup milk (2% is ok)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
- Rub in the butter with your fingers or a pastry blender.
- Add the sugar, baking powder, and raisins and mix together well.
- Add the milk and mix into a loose dough. Turn onto a floured board and knead until smooth (about 10 times).
- Roll out and cut the dough into eighths.
- Place on a lightly floured baking sheet, then brush the top of each scone with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated 400º oven.
- When done transfer to a wire rack to cool.