Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 (8 ounce) canschopped clams, with juice
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan.
- Saute over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender but not brown.
- Add flour and mix to make a roux.
- In another saucepan, combine the juice from the clams, half and half, salt, white pepper, and thyme; heat until just below boiling.
- Add the half and half mixture and the clam meat to the roux.
- Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over your favorite buttered spaghetti noodles with generous portions of Parmesan cheese.
A wonderful flavor! I don't know if this is like Old Spaghetti Factory's, but is sure is good.
great clam sauce. easy to make. will make again. thanks.
Made this for dinner tonight....and believe me, I'll make it again. Very good and although I had to go out and buy the half & half, it was worth the trip. This is a very simple recipe and I made it to put on wheat spaghetti. Thanks for posting. Donna..