Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this on cdkitchen.com. Haven't tried it yet, somebody who cooks better than I should let me know if it's any good.
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- hot pepper sauce (serve with at table, not in dressing)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Whisk together oil and mayonnaise.
- Add buttermilk, cheese, basil, salt, garlic, and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and let flavors meld overnight in refrigerator.
- This also will make an excellent chicken marinade.
SO YUMMY! i have made it several times and I like it best w/o paprika, hot sauce & oil and a little extra cheese & buttermilk because it always comes out a little too thick. I have replaced my bottled dressings and use only this now. tastes EXACTLY like OSF's. THANK YOU!!!
I'm a fanatic when it comes to Old Spaghetti Factory's pesto dressing--sometimes I'd go there and buy a pint of it! Thanks to this recipe, I'll never have to do that again. Like many others, I left out the oil--it's totally unnecessary--and I substituted the romano for grated parmesan, and it turned out great. In the future I'd probably use a little less mayo, but other than that, it's exactly like the restaurant's!
Yum! Loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!