Recipe by STARTERWIFE
A delicious pumpkin pie with that "extra" flavoring of apple butter and brown sugar. I like to top pie right before serving with Cool Whip and chopped pecans, but that is optional.
Top Review by gardenofsimple
Made this the other day. Used some homemade apple butter - came out really good! Very quick to put together. I didn't use the pecans, and used a ready made graham cracker crust. Nice fall pie, the kids loved it too!
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk (can)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (for garnish) (optional)
- Cool Whip (for garnish) (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells