Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious pumpkin pie with that "extra" flavoring of apple butter and brown sugar. I like to top pie right before serving with Cool Whip and chopped pecans, but that is optional.
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk (can)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (for garnish) (optional)
- Cool Whip (for garnish) (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients, (except for Cool Whip and pecans) stirring after each one.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 425°F for about 45 minutes.
Made this the other day. Used some homemade apple butter - came out really good! Very quick to put together. I didn't use the pecans, and used a ready made graham cracker crust. Nice fall pie, the kids loved it too!