Recipe by Sharon123
This was adapted from the Top O'Woodland Historic Bed & Breakfast Inn in Nashville, Tennessee. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Used a loaf of nutty, whole grain bread for this recipe & bumped the amount of raisins up to 1 cup, then followed the recipe after that & we had a wonderful bread pudding! The first couple of servings were topped with some vanilla sauce that I still had in the fridge, but I've enjoyed it just plain as well! Very, very nice! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 12 fresh eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (or pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (may mix with dried cherries, craisins, blueberries, etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup maple sugar (or brown sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear up bread into bite size pieces.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl, then mix in bread pieces. Let set 2 hours up to overnight.
- Put in 1 1/2" shallow baking dish(about as high as a pie pan). Place small pieces of butter on top, and cover with foil (try not to let the foil touch the top so it won't stick).
- Put in 350*F. oven. Cook for 30 miutes covered, then uncover and cook for another about 15 minutes (watch so not to over cook). Enjoy!