Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr
A terrific blue cheese dressing/dip! The olives give it an extra zip. Very good with veggie tray or oven-fried potato wedges. I add more blue Cheese; adjust to YOUR preference. Cooking time = refrigeration time.
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 pint mayonnaise, can use low-fat
- 1⁄4 cup onion, ground
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup pimento stuffed olive, drained and ground
- In food processor, grind onions.
- Remove; then grind olives.
- Return onions to processor and add mayo and buttermilk. Pulse until well blended.
- Add blue cheese crumbles; stir.
- Pour into jar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour to blend flavors before serving.
Yep this is a keeper. Loved the flavor that the olives gave this dip. I used green onions, halved the recipe and used the whole 2 oz of blue cheese (we like it). Used as a dip for fresh veggies. Thanks CC for a keeper.
Awesome!!!! Had a few friends over and used this as a dip for fresh vegetables. Everyone loved it. We particularly liked the addition of the stuffed olives. It gave the dip a nice flavor that went beautifully with the blue cheese. This makes a great dip for veggies. Thanks for sharing this winner, Caroline Cooks.
Hey this was really good! I used walla-walla sweet onions and about 1/2 of the olives, I was nervous about those- but it came out great, and DH really loed it. Used it as dip for hot wings. Love another excuse to use my food processor too! Thanks for a keeper.