Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Delicious Jello dessert. Favorite in our family and when I take it to work, it is a big hit. Easy to make, although there is some waiting to "jell" time. So, prepare ahead for a special occasion or everyday meal, or special treat snack. I use "sugar free" alternative jello for my diabetic husband. He love this.
- 1 (6 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 large box orange jello.
- 1 small box lemon jello.
- Prepare both boxes together following the package directions for amount of water, boiling and cold. Put into large bowl or container, and into the refrigerator to set.
- 1 can lemon pie filling.
- After jello is set, mix in a can of lemon pie filling. It takes a lot of mixing to get the "Old Smoothie" effect, so I put this into the Kitchen Aid and let it mix 7 to 10 minutes. It is almost liquid by the time I'm satisfied. Then back into the bowl or mold until set.
- Sidenote: the grocery store in our town doesn't carry lemon pie filling. So I mix up a package of lemon Jello pudding following the directions for pie filling. I cool this before mixing it into the other Jello mixture.
Made this up also using the prepared box of lemon pudding & pie filling & it's surprisingly tasty! I think I'll keep ahold of this recipe for a while ~ Thanks for sharing this nice lemony treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]