Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Was given to me by an elderly lady that she had used in shop. i've never tasted such a moist and easy to make banana bread
- 250 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 cups mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (using an electric mixer) adding the banana last until it turns into a cream colour.
- Line a large loaf tin or 2 small tins whatever you have in the cupboard.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 min (lge tin) or 50 min for small tins, when slightly cooled turn out of wire rack. can be eaten cold, hot or even toasted served with a spoonfull of honey yogurt what a treat.