Recipe by Aunt Paula
This is the only beans that I make. Once you've eaten these you can't go back to regular baked beans!
Top Review by livie
I made this for the super bowl and it was fantastic. Everyone loved it and it was very easy to make. I only used 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. molasses, 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard and added a 15 oz. can of great northern beans (all beans and juices from cans went into the baked beans). Thanks so much for this great recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby butter beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
- I cook bacon in microwave until crisp.
- Add, and mix brown and white sugar, ketchup, barbecue sauce, molasses or Karo syrup, mustard, chili powder, pepper and salt.
- Add kidney beans, pork and beans, and butter beans; mix.
- Put in large casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.