Recipe by Steven L.
I know there are many, many versions of the recipe online, but this beats them all. Trust me! The best part, it can be adapted for a crock-pot or dutch oven.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 tablespoons molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat over at 350 F if using the Dutch-Oven method.
- Brown ground beef, bacon, and onion together; drain.
- Pour into Dutch Over or Crockpot.
- Add beans and mix well.
- Mix sugars, bbq sauce, molasses, and spices together; add to meat and beans.
- Mix well.
- Cook for 1 hour in oven if using Dutch-oven.
- Cook on low for at least 3 hours if using a Crockpot.