Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Reminds me of that awesome soup we used to get at school with PB&J or grilled cheese sandwiches.
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 14 1⁄2 ounces green beans, drained
- 15 1⁄4 ounces canned corn, drained
- 15 ounces English peas, drained
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup rice, uncooked
- black pepper
- red cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- Brown meat in a Pam-sprayed stockpot. Remove and rinse meat and wipe pot clean.
- Return meat to pot. Add tomatoes and water. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 more hour.
Due to limitations of the cupboard and lack of interest in visiting the store, I did substitute beef ribs I had on hand for the ground chuck, and omitted the peas because we were out. Other than that followed to the letter and must say, this deserves to be tried by others. Very good, hearty and warming on chilly day.`