1/4 Photos of Old School House Yeast Rolls
Hoof Dr's Note:
I wanted a really good yeast roll recipe I could put in the bread machine or mix in the mixer that turned out the very same every time. So, I "tweaked" and played until these happened. You'll have to :"tweak" to find the amount of flour for your brand of flour and environment. This recipe is best at 16 rolls. You can stretch it to maybe 20, but don't go any more than that or they lose their special texture. At meal time, place however many you need in the oven for 3 or 4 minutes or until they heat and crunch up again. You'll never know they were baked earlier. Be careful to whom you offer one of these or to where you take them. Once people are on to you, you're stuck. Skip making for a bake sale if you have any other favorite recipe you'd like to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Either put in machine in proper order for your machine or throw it in the mixer with a dough hook.
- 2Let it mix and knead for 10 minutes or so while you find something else to do. It should be soft, but not run out of your hand when you lift it from the bowl.
- 3Cover with cloth and let double.
- 4Place on floured board. I just cut it into 4 "equal" pieces and the cut those into another 4 each.
- 5Spray or grease a large jelly roll pan or whatever you have about that size. Put the big ones on one end and the little ones on the other. Leave about 3/4" or so between the rolls.
- 6Beware, your environment and oven could change these times.
- 7Let raise again. Bake at 400 degrees about 9 minutes. Then I personally flip them onto another pan and bake upside down for another 3 minutes so the bottom is nice and crunchy also.
- 8Store after cooling in a plastic bag or something, but make sure they are truly cool first. I put them in the freezer and then reheat them in the oven as we need them.
- 9These things are truly one of a kind -- every time.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old School House Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 301.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g