Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is such a simple way to make delicious cinnamon rolls! Great fun for the kids to make. Please note that this is a splurge item, not for the serious calorie restricted dieter! COOKS NOTE: Long cooking time is due to 4 hours for dough to rise.
- Defrost bread dough per package instructions.
- Roll dough into a 6-inch-by-15-inch rectangle. Spread butter evenly over dough.
- Combine sugars and cinnamon in a bowl, and sprinkle evenly over butter.
- Roll dough into a log. Slice roll into approximately 12 (1-inch) pieces. Place slices on 2 greased pie plates and let them rise 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake rolls until dough is brown and sugar is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Let rolls cool slightly before spreading on the icing.
- To make icing, cream butter until fluffy. Add sugar, then vanilla. Add enough milk to make mixture fluffy.
- Serve rolls warm.
Good! takes quite some time to cook.