Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is slightly modified from one in the 1945 American Women's Cookbook (the God of all cookbooks)
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium sized bananas, over ripe)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (can use vegetable oil too, but it comes out moister this way)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream oil and sugar together.
- Lightly beat eggs and add to creamed mixture.
- Combine lemon juice and bananas and add to creamed mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients together and combine with rest of ingredients.
- Bake in a well greased loaf pan for 45 minutes to one hour. Use toothpick inserted into center to check for doneness (when it comes out dry, it's done.).
- Serve with butter or plain.