1/1 Photo of Old Recipe Yeast Rolls
2 hrs 15 mins
This is a recipe that I found about 40 years ago in a Better Homes and Gardens Bread Cookbook (there is a late version available, but it does not do as well). I have made this for 48 years and now my daughter, DIL and two grandchildren are making it. If you are looking for a no-knead, easy, and oh so delicious recipe, this is it. I was a beginner cook with no previous cooking experience all those years ago when I first started making this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in the warm water, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, combine sugar, shortening, and salt and stir into milk.
- 3Cool to lukewarm, and then add the yeast mixture, egg,and 2 1/2 cups of the flour and beat well.
- 4Add enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 5Let rise for 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- 6Punch down.
- 7Turn out and shape into rolls.
- 8Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
- 9Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
- 10Brush with melted butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Recipe Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (933 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g