Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe comes from JoAnne Clevenger, owner of New Orleans' Upperline restaurant. It was made to serve over fried green tomatoes, seafood and whatever else you want to eat it with!
- 1⁄2 cup creole mustard (or other spicy mustard)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (if you don't have white, use black)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped heart celery
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated white onion (or yellow)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in first half except salt and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Add olive oil in slow stream while whisking mixture. Add rest of second half and mix well. Add a few drops of hot sauce if a spicier flavor is desired. Sauce should be spicy and tangy.
- Cover and chill before use.
- Covered and refrigerated, the sauce should keep about 3 weeks.Enjoy!