Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
Baked oooey-gooey and spicy Serve with pita or Tortilla Chips. Posted for ZWT3.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 10 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Saute onion in skillet over medium heat in oil until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilis, let cook 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in spinach, cheese, cream cheese, half and half, and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into shallow baking dish like a 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the dip is bubbly and the top is light brown, about 35 minutes.
This dip is delicious! I can't wait to make it. I love the Old Mexican Inn & their famous orange dip!!! Try it.. you will too!
My husband and I enjoyed this dip with tortilla chips and potato chips. I halved the recipe and it made plenty. Thanks Caroline! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.