Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
This recipe was supposedly developed from a conversation overheard between 2 old ladies on a bus. Many thanks to those old girls for a quick, easy, and tasty recipe.
Top Review by Xexe
Love this~ I had to triple the recipe because i had 3x the chicken, but i didn't change any of the proportions. I used chicken thighs, but the sauce became a bit fatty, i guess from the skin. I decided to skim the fat off, before i raised the temp. to 400* so i can get a good glaze on the chicken. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hot and Spicy Sauce. Just a forewarning, this is an orange flavored recipe. it's not going to mellow out as you cook it. So if you do not like Chicken/fruit combinations, you are going to hate this. I think Pineapple Preserves would be a good substitute to Orange Marmalade.
- 2 lbs meaty chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin chicken, if desired.
- Arrange chicken on a foil-lined 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine marmalade, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, spooning sauce over chicken occasionally.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 15 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.