Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love to make this cheese. I make it a lot around Christmas for gifts, but it's great any time of the year.
- 2 lbs sharp cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Tabasco sauce
- 6 ounces beer (may need a little more)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut cheese into cubes, place in food processor; process until smooth. Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and Tabasco, blend well.
- Add the beer a little at a time while blending cheese, until the cheese is a good firm spreading consistency (too much beer will make cheese fluffy so pour a little at a time).
- Stir in salt and refrigerate.
- Serve with slices of pumpernickel or crackers--great with cold beer.
This came out really good.