Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious, cheesecake-like dessert perfect for any red, white and blue holiday! And fun for the kids to make! Source: Quick Cooking magazine
- 510.29 g package refrigerated sugar cookie dough (or 2 cups homemade cookie dough)
- 311.84 g cream cheese, softened (I use light)
- 177.44 ml confectioners' sugar
- 22.18 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml fresh blueberries
- 473.18 ml fresh strawberries, cut into quarters lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Press the cookie dough into a greased jelly roll pan (15x10").
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with a mixer until smooth.
- Set aside 1/4 c.
- of this mixture.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Place the strawberries in horizontal rows to resemble U.
- flag, and place blueberries in upper left corner of flag- be sure to leave a space between each one to pipe the"stars".
- Place the 1/4 c.
- reserved cream cheese into a pastry bag with a star tip (or you may simply place in a small ziploc bag, and cut a small hole in the corner).
- Beginning in one corner, pipe"stars" in the spaces between the blueberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.