Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I inherited this recipe in the "Adopt a Recipe" campaign. Can't wait to try them!
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, unbleached
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, ground
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, if desired
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, rum, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix cinnamon, baking powder, and flour.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Gently mix in almonds, orange rind, and raisins.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins, filling half full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned.
We loved these! Ended up serving them with Sauteed Leeks and Apples' Sautéed Green Apples and Leeks and German Potato Dumplings' German Potato Dumplings. The muffins weren't overly sweet and were a nice balance with the rest of the meal. Used golden raisins instead of regular raisins. Easy to throw together, no sifting, no fuss.
Do you make these muffins often?