Recipe by Dannygirl
I inherited this recipe in the "Adopt a Recipe" campaign. Can't wait to try them!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
We loved these! Ended up serving them with Sauteed Leeks and Apples' recipe #140524 and German Potato Dumplings' recipe #48050. The muffins weren't overly sweet and were a nice balance with the rest of the meal. Used golden raisins instead of regular raisins. Easy to throw together, no sifting, no fuss.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, unbleached
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, ground
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, rum, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix cinnamon, baking powder, and flour.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Gently mix in almonds, orange rind, and raisins.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins, filling half full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned.