Recipe by Deb's Recipes
Moist, delicious, and not overly sweet, this is my family's favorite quick-bread and a great way to celebrate your garden's summer bounty!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated & drained zucchini
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until fluffy; add oil, sugar, vanilla, and zucchini; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to wet mixture; mix well.
- Toss nuts and/or raisins in a bit of flour then stir into batter.
- Pour batter into two 9x5" loaf pans that have been sprayed on bottoms only with no-stick cooking spray; bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bread tests (a toothpick inserted near center of loaf comes out clean) done; cool loaves for about 10 minutes in pans then loosen sides of loaves (I do this by running a small plastic knife around the edges) and remove from pans; cool completely before slicing.
- NOTE: I include about 3/4 cup whole wheat flour in the total amount.