This reminds me of the bread my grandmother made.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Yeast Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in water, add honey and let stand until it bubbles, approx 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt and oil to yeast mixture, then add flour a little at time until you have a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and mold into a ball shape. Place in pan and cover; let rise for about an hour.
- Punch down the ball of dough and mold it into a loaf shape to fit you bread pan. Cover with a towel and let raise again until it doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 45 minutes. Bread is done when it is golden brown and sounds hollow when thumped.