Recipe by 982532
This reminds me of the bread my grandmother made.
Top Review by luvcook'n
This loaf has a very fine crumb, rose nice and high and lovely texture. The flavour is wonderful...but for our taste I would increase the salt by 1/4 tsp...Overall a great bread...can't wait to toast it. Thank you for sharing.
- 4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 3⁄4 cups lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons honey or 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in water, add honey and let stand until it bubbles, approx 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt and oil to yeast mixture, then add flour a little at time until you have a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and mold into a ball shape. Place in pan and cover; let rise for about an hour.
- Punch down the ball of dough and mold it into a loaf shape to fit you bread pan. Cover with a towel and let raise again until it doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 45 minutes. Bread is done when it is golden brown and sounds hollow when thumped.