This reminds me of the bread my grandmother made.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Yeast Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in water, add honey and let stand until it bubbles, approx 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt and oil to yeast mixture, then add flour a little at time until you have a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and mold into a ball shape. Place in pan and cover; let rise for about an hour.
- Punch down the ball of dough and mold it into a loaf shape to fit you bread pan. Cover with a towel and let raise again until it doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 45 minutes. Bread is done when it is golden brown and sounds hollow when thumped.
This loaf has a very fine crumb, rose nice and high and lovely texture. The flavour is wonderful...but for our taste I would increase the salt by 1/4 tsp...Overall a great bread...can't wait to toast it. Thank you for sharing.
This is a wonderful recipe!..Turns out just like my mothers...loved it!..Thanks for sharing.
This was a delicious loaf of bread. And it did remind me of Grandma and the big bread bakery in our area growing up, as the aroma went through the house. We sliced it while still warm with a little butter and YUM! I uploaded a photo to show you. Happy New Year 2011~!