Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This came from my sister's mother-in-law many, many years ago and has been handed down over the years. It's not only a great dessert, it also makes a wonderful gift at Christmastime.
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 99.22 g box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml oil
- 236.59 ml whole milk or 236.59 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 2 fluid ounce whiskey
- 236.59 ml pecans or 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml whiskey
- CAKE: Combine all ingredients and mix for 3 minutes by hand.
- Pour into well-greased bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Toothpick should come out clean.
- Cook on stovetop on med.
- heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is brown.
- Leave cake in pan and using a toothpick, poke several holes into cake.
- Pour 3/4 of icing onto cake.
- Let set 15 minutes.
- Flip cake onto plate.
- Brush remaining icing onto top& sides of cake.
Yum, Yum, Yum. This recipe was a huge hit at my St. Patrick's Day Party. I did add a bit more alcohol than suggested. <br/><br/>I then used the same recipe to make a Chocolate Bailey's Irish Cream Cake. I just substituted with chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, and Bailey's Irish Cream. Again, another huge hit at the party.
Really good!! Will certainly make it again!
This recipe will satisfy your cravings for this wonderful holiday treat!! It will also garner many compliments and requests for MORE!!! EVERYONE loves this!!!!!