This came from my sister's mother-in-law many, many years ago and has been handed down over the years. It's not only a great dessert, it also makes a wonderful gift at Christmastime.
- CAKE: Combine all ingredients and mix for 3 minutes by hand.
- Pour into well-greased bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Toothpick should come out clean.
- Cook on stovetop on med.
- heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is brown.
- Leave cake in pan and using a toothpick, poke several holes into cake.
- Pour 3/4 of icing onto cake.
- Let set 15 minutes.
- Flip cake onto plate.
- Brush remaining icing onto top& sides of cake.