Recipe by Cookin' Katie
This came from my sister's mother-in-law many, many years ago and has been handed down over the years. It's not only a great dessert, it also makes a wonderful gift at Christmastime.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces whiskey
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- CAKE: Combine all ingredients and mix for 3 minutes by hand.
- Pour into well-greased bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Toothpick should come out clean.
- Cook on stovetop on med.
- heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is brown.
- Leave cake in pan and using a toothpick, poke several holes into cake.
- Pour 3/4 of icing onto cake.
- Let set 15 minutes.
- Flip cake onto plate.
- Brush remaining icing onto top& sides of cake.