1/1 Photo of Old-fashioned Whiskey Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Cookin' Katie's Note:
This came from my sister's mother-in-law many, many years ago and has been handed down over the years. It's not only a great dessert, it also makes a wonderful gift at Christmastime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces whiskey
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1CAKE: Combine all ingredients and mix for 3 minutes by hand.
- 2Pour into well-greased bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 3Toothpick should come out clean.
- 5Cook on stovetop on med.
- 6heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is brown.
- 7Leave cake in pan and using a toothpick, poke several holes into cake.
- 8Pour 3/4 of icing onto cake.
- 9Let set 15 minutes.
- 10Flip cake onto plate.
- 11Brush remaining icing onto top& sides of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-fashioned Whiskey Cake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 837.9
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 127.8 mg
- Sodium 748.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 66.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g